Being a “guide” means providing customers with the right information, resources, and support they need to reach their goals. Businesses build trust and loyalty with their customers by positioning themselves as the guide and helping their customers be their own hero.
Modern examples of businesses that are successful in being a “guide” include Amazon, Apple, and LinkedIn. Amazon provides customers with a personalized shopping experience tailored to their preferences and habits. Apple provides customers with a well-designed and easy-to-use user interface, helpful tutorials, and support. LinkedIn provides users with a massive online professional network and advice and resources on how to grow their business.
Simply put, in every story, guides give heroes a simple plan of action.
Many companies try to be the hero by focusing on their success and accomplishments. While this may generate some attention and customers, it is rarely sustainable in the long run. To answer is to position your business as the guide that helps your customers be their own heroes. This means providing customers with the information, resources, and tools they need to succeed in achieving their own goals. By becoming a guide, businesses can make customers feel empowered and valued.
At Circle City Web Design, we create websites that stand out from the competition and help our business partners craft marketing messages that resonates with their customers. We strive to put our business partners in a position of authority and empathy in their customer’s journey to gain a competitive advantage.
Businesses that connect with their customers as a guide are designed to help them create a customer-centric brand story that resonates with their target audience. This strategy provides businesses with the tools to create an effective story that emphasizes the customer’s needs, challenges, and desires.
Here are two actions every business must take to position itself as the guide in their customer’s journey.
At the core of positioning yourself as your customer’s guide is the idea of empathy, or the ability to recognize and understand the feelings of others. Businesses that demonstrate empathy in the customer journey will create a bond of trust with the customer and make them feel valued. They will also create a sense of credibility and trustworthiness, as customers will feel that the business truly understands their needs and challenges.
Here is a list of empathetic statements you can use in marketing:
- We understand that everyone has unique needs, and we are here to help.
- Our goal is to provide an individualized experience for each customer.
- We strive to listen to your needs and find the perfect solution for you.
- Your satisfaction is our top priority.
- We truly value your feedback and take it into account.
- We are here to support and empower you.
- We don’t just sell products – we build relationships.
- We are passionate about helping you reach your goals.
- We believe in treating each customer with respect and kindness.
- We understand that life can be challenging and we are here to make it easier.
In addition to empathy, trustworthy guides also emphasize the importance of authority. Businesses that demonstrate authority in the customer journey will position themselves as knowledgeable experts in their field and will offer the customer helpful advice. This will make the customer more likely to trust the business and build a long-term relationship.
Here are some practical ways to demonstrate authority with your customers:
- Publish informative blog posts and articles on the company website.
- Host webinars or live lectures on topics related to the company’s products/services.
- Participate in industry events, such as conferences and trade shows.
- Post educational videos and infographics on social media.
- 5. Release authoritative white papers and reports.
- Invite customers to webinars and live Q&A sessions.
- Feature interviews and guest posts from experts in the industry.
- Respond to customer inquiries with detailed and factual answers on public forums.
- Promote case studies and success stories of customer experiences.
- Engage in active discussion on customer reviews and feedback.
Studies have shown that businesses that effectively use empathy and authority in their customer journey tend to have improved customer engagement and satisfaction. For example, a 2020 U.S. Chamber of Commerce survey found that 86% of customers are more likely to purchase from a business when it demonstrates empathy in the customer journey. Furthermore, a 2019 survey by Nielsen found that 92% of customers are more likely to trust a business when it demonstrates authority and knowledge.
In conclusion, businesses that demonstrate empathy and authority in the customer journey will create a competitive advantage. This will lead to improved customer engagement, satisfaction, and loyalty.
By choosing Circle City Web Design, you’re choosing a strategic and versatile digital agency that uses the most trusted and professional tools available in the industry to help you connect with your target audience and build a website that stands out.
Book a FREE Consultation Now: Click Here.