As a non-profit, it can be hard to get enough money for advertisements and awareness surrounding your organization. That’s where these plugins come in. Many of them are free and they will improve your website’s usability and effectiveness.
They can also help you attract visitors and watch your website’s statistics to see where you can improve.
The Best Donation Plugin for WordPress
GiveWP is the top donation plugin for WordPress for a reason. This robust plugin lets you easily create customizable donation pages and provides an intuitive way to accept donations online through your WordPress site. You can view donation statistics and reports, manage donors, and integrate a wide variety of third-party gateways and services. Some of the notable features of this plugin are:
- Customizable Donation Forms – Build donation forms that fit your brand and your fundraiser. Offering a variety of payment and display options.
- Powerful Donor Management – You can keep track of your donors and their donations, generate tax receipts, and integrate third-party tools.
- Insightful Fundraising Reporting – A in-depth look at your fundraising performance from a dashboard that integrates with Google Analytics.
- Custom Form Fields – Easily add form fields to fully customize your fundraiser.
- Currency Switching for Donors – Choose from various payment and display options that fit your brand.
- Text-to-Give – Give donors multiple donation options with a text-giving option
- Flexible Recurring Donations – Customizable options to give donors the control and frequency of the amounts they give.
- Simplified Peer-to-Peer Fundraising – Create peer-to-peer campaigns with seamless donations that easily flow into your GiveWP forms.
- Configurable Fundraising Goals – Create a display for fundraising goals to help give a sense of competition and urgency to elevate online giving.
- Credit Card Fee Recovery – A way to ask donors to give a little extra to cover any money lost in credit card processing fees charged by payment gateways.
- Works with Page Builders – Works with popular page builders such as Elementor, Divi, and the native WordPress block editor.
- Tribute Giving or Giving in Honor of – A way for donors to personally connect with your organization by dedicating their donation to a loved one.
GiveWP makes it easy for anyone to raise funds for a cause. This plugin is suited for charities, religious or political campaigns, crowdsourced projects, and more. GiveWP is also very user-friendly so you can raise funds online even if you have no prior experience.
The best part about GiveWP is that you can get started for free! There’s no upfront fee. They make it easy for you to set up and easy for the donor to make their payment. The simple interface makes it a great choice for beginners but also flexible to extend for a developer.
Whatever your reason for which you want to raise funds online, this plugin is all you need. It’s free version has enough features for setting up the fundraising environment on a WordPress website, but the paid version beats all its competitors. It is comprehensive and offers so many options. Its powerful features are designed to specifically help your donations grow.
Other WordPress Plugins that we use and recommend to non-profits.
There are dozens of non-profit plugins to use on your WordPress website, that have all sorts of different functions. Some examples of other ones we didn’t include above are:
- Gravity Forms. Create powerful custom forms and flows to capture leads, collect payments, automate your workflows and expand your reach.
- Yoast. This powerful SEO plugin improves your website’s rankings on search engines by helping you optimize your site’s content and keywords.
- Elementor. A drag-and-drop page builder for WordPress that helps you create beautiful pages using a visual editor.
- Simple Calendar. Enables you to easily add a Google calendar to your site. Show your events by month, week, or in a list.
- Smash Balloon. Fully customizable social media plugin that allows you to display your social media feeds on your site.
- ExactMetrics. A Google Analytics platform for WordPress that helps you properly set up all of the powerful Google Analytics tracking features without writing any code or hiring a developer.
- WordFence. A security plugin that includes a malware scanner, firewall, and a certain level of automated malware cleaning. It also includes two-factor authentications, login protection, and password management for users.
- Yoast Duplicate. A simple but extremely useful plugin that allows you to make a copy of a post or a page.
- BlogVault. A reliable backup, migration, staging, restore, and management plugin that eliminates downtime.
There are still many more, but hopefully, this allows you to see what kind of great plugins you can get to boost your website and have it getting the visitors it needs.
Do I Have to Only Choose One Non-Profit Plugin?
No, you can choose as many plugins as you want. Most people experienced, however, say that more than 20 plugins is generally too much. Or, if you are sharing or hosting your site, you generally want to stick to five.
Big businesses can have anywhere between 20 and 30. However, you want to constantly (probably about once a month) make sure your plugins are up-to-date and working as they should. You also want to go through occasionally and see what plugins you are using vs the ones that are just sitting there and taking up space.
Also, not every plugin is safe. You want to make sure that you research any plugins that you want to use to make sure that they are trustworthy.
If you are going to use paid plugins, you want to make sure you are going to use the plugin. If they have a trial version or a lite version, that may be a good idea to try out first to see if it is something you would use.
Most experts suggest that you also avoid plugins to claim to do it all. This is because they don’t have as many benefits as others and can slow down your website. Instead of installing a big plugin, you aren’t going to use every feature, look for smaller, more compact plugins that will do things you want and will use.