Learn WordPress – Classes, Coaching, Events
Want to learn WordPress? Need a speaker for your organization’s conference? Ready to understand and take charge of your website? You’ve come to the right place. We love WordPress and enjoy sharing what we know through speaking engagements, group WordPress Classes and one-on-one WordPress coaching. Sign up for a class below or Contact Me at 317-460-7948 to talk about a customized approach for your organization. We will be with you every step of the way; leading, guiding and answering questions.
Great question! Over 85% of consumers use the internet to research products and services before they buy. Your website is often the first visual contact a potential customer has with your organization. In addition, websites offer a spectacular return on your investment. Your site is an online brochure that people can visit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A good site will reflect your business, give you a voice and build confidence in your organization.
These sites provide an amazing opportunity to work with an experienced designer to learn the ropes and build your own WordPress site. We do all the heavy lifting… set up the hosting, install WordPress and pack it with all of our favorite tools. We get the site “Design Ready” then invite you to a series of 4 designer-led web-based classes where we will teach you everything you need to know to design a site you’ll love. We will be with you every step of the way, leading, guiding and answering questions. By the end of this class, you’ll have a finished website AND the knowledge to manage your content and make design changes.
We work together to create a great self-hosted WordPress site. This is how it works.
- You sign up for the Learn & Build website package.
- You’ll receive a welcome email with some questions about your business ~ a site requirements questionnaire.
- After I receive your site requirements, I’ll give you a quick call to nail down the details and answer any questions you may have. I’ll install WordPress for you, complete with some of my favorite tools. I’ll do everything I need to do to get your site ready so that you can simply log in and start designing during our first class. No need to be intimidated by the ‘tech.’
- About a week before our first class you’ll receive an email with more information to help you get ready for our first class.
- The day before our first class you’ll receive a meeting invitation with a link to our online classroom.
- I’ll use class time to teach you what you’ll need to know to build a great WordPress site. I’ll be able to share screens, you will be working on your own website and there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions. By the end of the course you should have completed a 5 page website.
- After the course is finished, you’ll need to select and sign-up for a Hosting & Maintenance package. As a Learn & Build graduate, you’ll receive 50% off of your first 3 months of Hosting & Maintenance as well as an invitation to our WordPress Worktimes.
- Two weeks after the final class we’ll meet one last time so that you can ask any questions you may have and share our results!
Classes start at the beginning of every month… so if you sign up towards the beginning of October, you’d be looking at the November class. Class sizes are limited so that each participant has an opportunity to ask questions and learn.
YES! If you are interested in learning WordPress and looking to create a great site for your business you’ve come to the right place. I CUT the LEARNING CURVE by walking you through the steps you’ll need to take to complete your site. You don’t have to worry about setting up your DNS, finding hosting or installing WordPress, a theme or plugins ~ that’s all taken care of before our first class. All you’ll need to do is log in and start creating!
At Circle City Web Design we believe self-hosted WordPress sites are the way to go! When your site is self-hosted (think WordPress.org) that means that your site is installed on your own server space. You own your site and everything on it, this means that if you want to move to another hosting company you can! It also makes the possibilities for growth and customization almost endless as your business grows. That might not seem like a big deal when you are starting out, but down the road, you will really appreciate the flexibility a self-hosted WordPress site offers. All of the Learn & Build sites are installed on our servers. We hope that at the end of the class you decide to stay with us, but if you decide you’d like to move your site, it is yours, so you will be able to move it if you want to. With companies like Wix and Weebly, your options for moving and customizing your site are more limited.
I’m charming and sweet, plus I really love my customers. I care about the success of your business and do everything I can to provide great service. You’re never ‘just a number’ at Circle City Web Design ~ you are part of the family!
We understand! Life is busy. If you are unable to attend a class you’ll have access to a recording of the class so that you can complete the steps on your own when it works for you. You’ll also be able to email me with any questions you may have.